The patient forms the center of this dynamic practice. Our aims are to attend to each individual’s treatment need and use cutting edge technology and current treatment techniques to realize beautiful smiles, optimize function and promote a healthy mouth.
Meet the Team
Dr. Hardus Strydom started his dental journey at the University of Stellenbosch in 2000 following the completion of his B.Sc. degree at the same university. He obtained his B.Ch.D. degree (Summa Cum Laude) in 2004 and in 2005 served as community service dentist in Bloemfontein.
During this time he enrolled in a PDD in endodontics (2005-2006) and followed that up with a PDD in interceptive orthodontics (2007-2008), both completed at the University of the Western Cape. He married his beautiful wife, Karen, in January 2006 and together they decided to move to the
Izanne SmitHardus and his wife briefly returned to South Africa in 2009 for the birth of their son, Colin. In 2013 their family was blessed again, this time with a baby girl named Annabelle.
Dr Strydom has been working in private orthodontic practice in Europe since graduating as orthodontist in July 2013, while also serving as clinical supervisor at the Radboud University in the Netherlands. In 2014 he, together with his lovely wife and two kids, finally decided to return to South Africa where he is currently the proud owner of Strydom Orthodontics
Lizanne Smit graduated as oral hygienist from the University of the Western Cape in 2011.
She has been working in various dental and orthodontic practices since graduating and will do her best to make your experience in our practice a joyful one.
Izanne is a down to earth, easy going individual that lives her life by Christian morals and values. She also enjoys ballet, baking and the outdoors.
Mrs. Heather Galloway has been the practice’s account manager since 2005.
A lovely lady with the know-how and skills that ensures financial smooth
Mrs. Wendy Jamie is our receptionist.
She has been with the practice since 2011, knows all its ins and outs and is the perfect contact between practice and patient.
She will be the friendly face to greet you as you enter the practice.
The house rules have been implemented to ensure efficient, predictable and high-quality orthodontic treatment. The aim is to provide clarity of what is to be expected from staff and patients alike. All patients are kindly requested to read through and abide by the following house rules.
- All patients should complete a medical questionnaire prior to your first visit and inform us as soon as there has been a change in your health status.
- Please report at reception as soon as you arrive for your orthodontic visit.
- Please switch off all cell phones when you enter the surgery.
- Our cancellation policy requires 24 hours notice. Repeated cancellations will result in the extension of the time needed to complete your treatment.
- Orthodontic appliances are temporary devices and can break during the treatment period. Patients are requested to contact the office in case of breakages, even if there is an appointment scheduled. This will allow us
to take the necessary steps for reparations and allow seamless continuation of your treatment.
- Oral health is a priority and clean teeth and gums are essential during orthodontic treatment. Our team will take the time and make an effort to ensure that all patients know how to clean properly, but oral hygiene remains the patient’s responsibility. Patients are requested to brush before every appointment and are warned that treatment will be seized if/when poor oral hygiene continues to be a problem.
- Please feel free to report any and all complaints on this website here.
This will be communicated to dr. Strydom and the practice manager.
I am currently looking for a motivated oral hygienist with orthodontic practice experience.
Send me your CV and I will contact you to schedule an appointment.
The patient forms the center of this dynamic practice.
Our aims are to attend to each individual’s treatment need and use cutting-edge technology and current treatment techniques to realize beautiful smiles, optimize function and promote a healthy mouth.
Our aim is to attend to each individual’s treatment needs and use cutting-edge technology and current treatment techniques to create beautiful smiles, optimize function and promote healthy mouths.